Call of Duty 2 is a 2005 first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Konami in Japan and Activision in the rest of the world. It is the second installment of the Call of Duty series. The game was released on October 25, 2005 for Microsoft Windows and on November 22, 2005 as a launch game for the Xbox 360 in Europe, Australia and South America, and later in Japan. Other versions were released on other platforms, including mobile phones as well as Pocket PCs.
Call of Duty 2 is the second game in the Call of Duty series.
Call of Duty 2 Overview
The game is set during World War II and the campaign mode is experienced through the perspectives of four soldiers: one in the Red Army, one in the United States Army, and two in the British Army. It contains four individual campaigns, split into three stories, with a total of twenty-seven missions. Activision officially announced the game on April 7, 2005 in a press release. Many features were added and changed from the original Call of Duty. The most notable change is the regenerating health. Additions include an icon that indicates a nearby grenade about to explode.
The game was met with positive reception. Critics praised the game particularly for the graphics, sound and the regenerating health system. As a launch game, the Xbox 360 version sold over 250,000 copies in its first week, and had sold 2 million copies by January 2008. By November 2013, the game had sold 5.9 million copies.
The Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 2 became backwards compatible on Xbox One on August 23, 2016.
How to Download and Install Call of Duty 2
- In order to play Call of Duty 2, you must buy the game. If a demo or free download release of CoD2 is made available, it will be displayed below.
- If you’re on a PC, you can download CoD2 from the official Steam page of the game http://store.steampowered.com/app/2630/Call_of_Duty_2/. Note that you will be required to install the Steam client to run the game.
- On Xbox, you can download Call of Duty 2 from the Xbox market place http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607d1
- On PlayStation, you can download Call of Duty 2: Big Red One from the PS Store https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/call-of-duty-2-big-red-one-ps2/
Call of Duty 2 Screenshots
Call of Duty 2 System Requirements
Minimum for Windows
- 3D hardware accelerator card required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB hardware accelerator video card and the latest drivers*, Microsoft Windows 2000/XP, Pentium IV 1.4GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1700+ processor or higher, 256MB RAM (512MB RAM recommended), 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers, 100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers, 4.0GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 600MB for Windows 2000/XP swap file)
- Multi-player Requirements:
- Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
- Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers
- LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers
Important Notice: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Call of Duty. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.
- Supported Chipsets
- ATI Radeon 8500
- ATI Radeon 9000
- ATI Radeon 9200
- ATI Radeon 9500
- ATI Radeon 9600
- ATI Radeon 9700
- ATI Radeon 9800
- ATI Radeon X300
- ATI Radeon X550
- ATI Radeon X600
- ATI Radeon X700
- ATI Radeon X800
- ATI Radeon X850
- nVidia GeForce 2 Ultra
- All nVidia GeForce 3/Ti Series
- All nVidia GeForce 4/Ti Series
- All nVidia GeForce FX Series
- All nVidia GeForce 6 Series
- Recommend nVidia GeForce 7 Series or higher
Minimum for Mac
- Supported OS:10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11.6 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra)
- CPU Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed:1.8 GHz
- Memory:512 MB RAM
- Hard Disk Space:4 GB
- Graphics:NVIDIA Geforce 7300 or better or ATI Radeon X1600
- Video Memory:128 MB VRam
- Note:Intel Integrated GMA 950 and Intel Integrated X3100 are unsupported video chipsets